Monday, May 4, 2009

The Metaphor of the Onion

Dear Growing Together:

I am attempting to land safely, orbiting closer to earth each day.



My blog has grown exponentially and my yard is magnificant.



My body is actually healing in miraculous ways I never expected as more



and more painful epiphony's break through my defenses and leave me less surpressed.



THe medications are getting me 6 to 7 hours of sleep and rest;



hot showers or tubs relieve the muscle pain I earn from digging, mowing, bending, stretching



-- real physical pain that can be relieved by real physical measures.



My eye lid surgery and associated black eye is healing.



The dermititis and exima on my finger tips flared up in response to some memories



and the doctor gave me a couple of RX to deal with that as well and reliving the memories in my now state has helped with the psychosis.



The old expression that therapy is like pealing an onion is back wards.


The actual metaphor should be I am the center core of the onion,



that is my only world, and as insights come, progress is made



the onion layers are pealed back from the inside layers



making the central core area larger and larger.



Each layer that is removed, from the center out, allows more translucent light to shine through,



more space to move, create and think clearly, and growth to take place.



Even at my age, and even at my mother's age of 92



the onion continues to peal or rot from the inside.



If it is not pealed that way, then new green shoots sprout out in an attempt at new life,



creating new personalitiies and disassociation and fugue.


See "clipart onions" for illustrations

No comments:

Post a Comment